Featured Post

The white-Left Part 1: The two meanings of white

Monday, January 17, 2011

UPDATED: Tunis: This Photo was Taken 66 Minutes Ago

I was surfing for photos from yesterday's Anonymous Rallies when I came across this. This is Now!

((( i ))) #Anonymous #Tunisia - #Libya #SidiBouzid Tunisia #jasminrevolt #optunisia #oplibyao
((( i ))) #Anonymous #Tunisia - #Libya #SidiBouzid Tunisia #jasminrevolt #optunisia #oplibya

The photos below are from the recent Anonymous street actions. I'm off to MLKing March now and will add more photos latter. I just stubbled upon the above photo in my searches. I looked at it about a minute trying to figure out if it was an Anonymous rally and where? When I realized that it was from Tunis and less than an hour old! So I wanted to rush it out. I would have gotten it up sooner but the software kept complaining that I didn't have 300 chars when I tried to publish. Apparently I get no credit for being overlong most of the time! So I just kept adding stuff until it would publish. Hey, DKos, whatever happened to "a picture's worth a thousand words?"

UPDATE: The photo above was posted to flickr at the link above with the claim that it was minutes old. Investigating further, I think that in may in fact be from Saturday,

Now this one below claims to be only 2 hours old @ 7:15pm pst. Personally, I don't care how old or new it is, I love it. The look on that kids face! Talk about feeling empowered!
Don't mess with up
Also, I realized when I got back from the MLK parade, that it had left the finished draft of this diary in preview mode. I apologize for any confusion that might have caused.

Seatle, Anonymous Rally
Rally In Seattle, WA January 15th

Wikileaks banner at the Vancouver Rally
Wikileaks banner at the Vancouver Rally January 15

Berkley,CA
Berkley, CA January 12th

IMG_8839
San Francisco, CA January 15th

Lyon, France
Rally in Lyon, France January 15th.

San Francisco January 15
San Francisco January 15

 Sydney, Australia
Sydney, Australia January 15th

Movilización Pro-wikileaks OPERATION DEMONSTRATION Zaragoza 08-01-2011
Movilización Pro-wikileaks OPERATION DEMONSTRATION Zaragoza 08-01-2011
Anonymous Protester
Dupont Circle, Washington, D.C. January, 15th
Parti Pirate et Anonymous se rassemblent
Lyon, France
DSC04139
Seattle, WA January 15th

Sydney, Australia  January 15th
Sydney, Australia January 15th



Ein Dank der deutschen Tunesier an Anonymous January 15


Istanbul January 15th

Here is a recap of my other DKos diaries on this subject:
The WikiLeaks Revolution: Anonymous Strikes Tunisia
EMERGENCY: DKos Must Act Now to Protect Tunisian Bloggers!
Free Software & Internet Show Communism is Possible
BREAKING - Digital Sit-Ins: The Internet Strikes Back!
Cyber War Report: New Front Opens Against Internet Coup d'état
Operation PayBack: 1st Cyber War Begins over WikiLeaks
The Internet Takeover: Why Google is Next
BREAKING: Goodbye Internet Freedom as Wikileaks is Taken Down
BREAKING NEWS: Obama Admin Takes Control of Internet Domains!
Things Even Keith Olbermann Won't Cover - UPDATE: VICTORY!!!
Stop Internet Blacklist Bill Now!
Sweet Victory on Internet Censorship: Senate Backs Off!
Internet Engineers tell the Senate to Back Off!
Why is Net Neutrality advocate Free Press MIA?
Obama's Internet Coup d'état
Julian Assange on Threat to Internet Freedom
FCC Net Neutrality's Trojan Horse
Free Press: Country Codes for the Internet?
The Mountain comes to Mohammad
Keith Olbermann's Deception
Court rules -> Google Must Be Evil & Maximize Profits
EFF on the Google\Verizon Net Neutrality Proposal
Google-Verizon: What is the Free Press Agenda?
End of the Internet As We Know It!
Free Press would make this Illegal!
Google Verizon Announce Terms of Deal

No comments:

Post a Comment